In case an expectant mother is experiencing bleeding during pregnancy in her later trimester then monitoring for bleeding and any caveat signs of shock would be conducted. The woman would additionally be intravenously administered fluids and even blood.
The fetal health status would be under close scrutiny to check for any distressed indications. The therapy course would be charted based on the reason that elicited bleeding during pregnancy, the woman’s condition and fetal age.
- C-section or cesarean section child birth (surgical delivery of the infant) is the favored course of child birth.
- In case of either maternal or fetal harm due to acute blood loss has been observed then an urgent C-section delivery would be carried out.
- In case a woman is experiencing contractions then she might be given intravenous medications for slowing down and stopping the contractions.
- In case gestational period is below thirty-six weeks and blood loss is not acute then the woman would be hospitalized for observing, supervising the fetal heart rate and repetitive blood count checks for finding if anemia is not present. A medication would be advised that would assist lung maturation of the baby. During thirty-sixth week of gestation, the physician would evaluate fetal lung functioning and in case they are mature then a C-section birth would be carried out.
- Nearly all childbirths would be C-section due to the elevated risk of acute blood loss and risk to the fetus by normal vaginal childbirth. In rarest of rare situations, when placenta is located close to however does not cover the cervix then normal delivery (childbirth via vagina) would be tried.
- There is blood loss of up to three pints even in case of C-section birthing process.
- Normal or vaginal childbirth would be the chosen route. C-section childbirth would be the preference in case of an emergency scenario.
- In case a woman has experienced vast amounts of blood loss and maternal or fetal life is endangered then C-section delivery would be carried out on an urgent basis.
- In case the fetal age is over thirty-six weeks, the woman would have a swift yet controlled normal child delivery. The woman would be administered intravenous medicines for increasing intensity and effectiveness of uterine contractions.
- In case of bleeding during pregnancy that is below thirty-six weeks of age and blood loss is not acute then the woman would be hospitalized for surveillance and fetal heart rate monitored alongside repetitive blood count analysis for checking anemia presence. A medication for boosting fetal lung maturation would be given to the woman. In case the woman is in the thirty-sixth week of gestation then fetal lung functioning would be evaluated by a doctor for checking maturation and in such a case, C-section delivery would be performed.
- In case there are serious doubts about a ruptured uterus then the woman would undergo an urgent C-section delivery.
- Uterine removal might also be needed.
- In case the woman is in a stable condition and intends on having more offspring then the doctor would be able to do uterine restoration.
- The woman would require blood transfusion (quite a few blood units).
- Treatment for fetal bleeding is done conducting an urgent C-section delivery.